District Long-Range Plan
Comprehensive Educational, Building, and Campus Review for Future Needs
The District works with Crabtree, Rohrbaugh & Associates Architects and has completed a districtwide feasibility study. The goal was to create a long-range plan for all District buildings to ensure that each can serve students’ instructional needs for 21st Century Learning. The Board continues to consider recommendations from the study, currently focusing on the construction of an Early Childhood/Kindergarten Center and prioritizing the remaining recommendations.
Please check back often for updated materials related to this process.
It is important to note that the Board has established Guiding Principles to use throughout the feasibility study selection process for future planning and potential improvements. The Guiding Principles include the following:
- Safety and security of all students, staff, and community
- Fiscal responsibility to our students, community, and key stakeholders
- Alignment with Building Goals as outlined in the District Comprehensive Plan, Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Shared Values
- Support for 21st Century Learners with appropriate tools, resources, and learning environments
- Equity across all buildings and students - today, tomorrow and into the future given growth projections
- Code compliance (i.e. ADA, Building Codes)
Strasburg Elementary Sale Update
At the last meeting of the Lampeter-Strasburg Board of School Directors on February 21, 2023, the Board publicly discussed confidential offers for the sale of Strasburg Elementary. It was motioned and approved to counter the highest offer. The Board's counter was accepted, and the agreement is now fully executed. As stated during the last meeting, there is no further action required at this time since the agreement was accepted as countered by the public Board action. The fully signed Agreement for the Sale of Commercial Real Estate, including the Zoning Approval Contingency Addendum to Agreement of Sale, can be found at the link below.
Note: All interior floor plans have been removed for safety reasons.