Bi-weekly lessons are taught in the library. Lessons are designed to promote social competence and reduce children's social-emotional problems. The counseling curriculum teaches skills that promote healthy social-emotional development, empathy, impulse control, and problem solving.
Counseling guidance lessons ensure that students are meeting the following ASCA standards for academic, career, and personal/social development:
- Students will aquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
- Students will complete school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of substantial post-secondary options, including college.
- Students will understand the relationship of academics to the world of work and to life at home and in the community
- Students will acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
- Students will employ strategies to achieve future career goals with success and satisfaction.
- Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education, training and the world of work.
- Students will acquire the knowledge, attitudes and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
- Students will make decisions, set goals and take necessary action to achieve goals.
- Students will understand safety and survival skills.
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485