Student backpacks line the exhibits building at the Lampeter Fair on September 22, 2021
L-S at the 97th Annual West Lampeter Community Fair
September 22-24, 2021
The Lampeter Fair is back, and there's so much to see, do, and eat!
Wednesday, September 22
- Market Shows - L-S students will show their animals in the swine (9 a.m.), lamb (2:30 p.m.), and goat (6 p.m.) shows.
- Fair Queen Parade & Band Concert - The parade will leave Lampeter-Strasburg High School at 7 p.m. and will travel Book Rd. and Village Rd. through Lampeter Square before entering the fairgrounds from Village Rd. The Martin Meylin Middle School marching band will lead the parade, which will also feature the fair queen candidates, their escorts, and classmates from their sponsoring school clubs and organizations.
- Fair Queen Contest - after a short performance by the Martin Meylin band, the fair queen contest will begin in the large arena at 7:30 p.m. Ten L-S juniors and seniors will compete for the crown this year.
Congratulations to 2021 Fair Queen Brooke Smith and Runner-up Gracie Albright
Thursday, September 23
- FFA Contests - Lampeter-Strasburg High School Garden Spot FFA members plan to compete in judging (9 a.m.), and log sawing/bale throwing (1 p.m.) contests.
- Market Show - L-S students will show their animals in the market beef show at 5 p.m. and will judge dairy beef at 7 p.m.
- Band Concert - the Lampeter-Strasburg High School marching band will perform a concert in the large arena at 6 p.m.
Friday, September 24
- FFA Judging Contest - the contest continues for FFA members at 9 a.m.
- All-Western Horse Show - an L-S student will participate in the show, which runs from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Youth Livestock Sale - several L-S students/FFA members will participate in the sale of dairy beef, goats, hogs, steer, and lambs. The sale begins at 6:30 p.m. in the arena.
FoodFairgoers can choose from a variety of foods. The proceeds from several stands benefit L-S students, including:
- Garden Spot FFA - cold drinks, milk, sausage sandwiches, and ham loaf patties
- Lancaster South Rotary Club - funnel cakes
- L-S Boys Lacrosse Boosters - pork BBQ, sweet potatoes, soup, and fruit cups
- L-S Boys Soccer - subs, waffles, and ice cream
- Pioneer Marching Band - breakfast sandwiches, hot dogs, and hamburgers
- Pioneer Interact Club - fresh pizza, walking tacos, and ham & cheese sandwiches
- Strasburg/Willow Street Baseball/Softball Association - french fries
L-S students work hard to enter their work in the fair each year. The exhibit hall includes entries of prepared food, produce, floral arrangements, artwork, photography, crafts, Lego creations, and much more.
Please stop by our booth, located in the corner of the white tent close to the exhibition hall, to meet members of the L-S staff. There are even fun activities and preschool pioneers.
See you at the fair!
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485