Martin Meylin Students Honored for Etiquette
Mrs. Lawson is Teacher of the Month
A dozen Martin Meylin students have been named April’s Students of the Month by creative arts teachers for exemplary etiquette. Selection criteria included politeness, manners, courtesy, concern for the feelings and comfort of others.
Students of the Month: Front Row (l-r): Jennifer Eshleman, Rachael Mann, Brock Daniels, Emma Sauder, Isabella Salinas Back Row (l-r): Luke Smith, Kayla Anderson, Emerald Dorsey, Carter Weaver, Madelyn Lowe, Sophia Fiorello Not pictured: Noah Kennel
April 2019 Students of the Month
- Kayla Anderson - Grade 6, Music
- Brock Daniels - Grade 6, Fitness & Welness
- Emerald Dorsey - Grade 7, Art
- Jennifer Eshleman - Grade 7, Physical Education
- Sophia Fiorello - Grade 8, German
- Noah Kennel - Grade 7, Health
- Madelyn Lowe - Grade 6, Orchestra
- Rachael Mann - Grade 6, Spanish
- Isabella Salinas - Grade 8, Technology Education
- Emma Sauder - Grade 8, Family and Consumer Science
- Luke Smith - Grade 7, Band
- Carter Weaver - Grade 7, Physical Education
April 2019 Teacher of the Month - Mrs. Lawson
Martin Meylin cafeteria manager Lisa Lawson was selected by the school's faculty and staff as the April 2019 Teacher of the Month. Mrs. Lawson, who is also the cafeteria manager at Lampeter-Strasburg High School, keeps the cafeterias humming 180 days a year, managing staff, ordering food, running events, and overseeing lunches. She always has a smile and kind words for students.
Mrs. Lawson, an L-S graduate, has been working in the Martin Meylin cafeteria since 2002. She's been the manager for a decade and the manager at the high school for the last two years.
Eighth grade Students of the Month were invited to attend the May 6 meeting of the L-S Board of School Directors. Board member James Byrnes presented their certificates of recognition along with Martin Meylin winners of Scholastic Art & Writing, 90-Second Newberry, and Newspaper in Education (NIE) Awards.
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485