Blast Off with School Breakfast
National School Breakfast Week is March 2-6
- Reach higher levels of achievement in reading and math
- Score higher on standardized tests
- Have better concentration and memory
- Be more alert
- Maintain a healthy weight
“A healthy breakfast at the start of the day is a great way to ensure students get the best education they can,” said Cheryl Schmidt, L-S food service director. “National School Breakfast Week helps us educate parents and students about all the healthy, great tasting, and appealing choices we offer.”
Food service professionals at L-S prepare breakfasts and lunches every day that meet federal nutrition standards – limiting fat, calories and sodium – while encouraging students to choose from the fruits, vegetables, and whole grains offered with school meals.
The National School Breakfast Week (NSBW) “Out of This World,” campaign reminds students and parents that school breakfast provides a healthy and energizing start to the day. From March 2-6, the L-S elementary schools will celebrate breakfast with special menus, events, contests, and more.
School Breakfast Week Menu
- Monday: Maple Madness Waffles - bite-sized waffles with maple syrup right inside
- Tuesday: Egg & Sausage Bowl - fluffy scrambled eggs and sausage links, all in the same bowl
- Wednesday: Cinnamon Buns - iced cinnamon buns all warm and gooey
- Thursday: Freaky French Toast - a yummy slice of French toast with a touch of syrup
- Friday: Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bagel - scrambled egg patty, bacon, and melted cheese on a toasty bagel
School breakfast meals are $1.55 at all schools and are served with milk and fruit. À la carte items are also available. Breakfast menus are included on printable (PDF)menus for each school.
School Breakfast Week Contests
Breakfast Contest - Students who purchase breakfast at school will be entered in a daily drawing to receive a coupon for a free ice cream treat. There will be five winners selected each day at each school. All students who purchase breakfast also will be entered to win a grand prize of a $25 GameStop gift card or a class pizza party. Grand prizes will be awarded at both schools.
Activity Packet Contest - Any student who completes at least a page from the National School Breakfast Week packet will be eligible to have their work displayed/receive a prize. Pages are due to classroom teachers by Wednesday, March 4.
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485