Mental Health Awareness Night Scheduled for Parents
October 17 at L-S High School
In an effort to address the mental health challenges facing today's students, we are hosting a Mental Health Awareness Night for parents/guardians. Representatives from local community health resource organizations will be stationed in the L-S High School Grand Hallway for the duration of the event. Speakers from Minding Your Mind - an organization dedicated to reducing "the stigma and destructive behaviors often associated with mental health issues" - will take the stage in the Performing Arts Center from 6:30-8 p.m.
All parents and interested adults are welcome to attend. Middle and high school students will see a portion of the presentation at assemblies on October 18.
We hope you will join us for this important and informative event.
- Mollye Readinger-Scott, MA, will talk about risk factors, symptoms, signs to look out for, and how parents can get involved and help.
- Scott, a young adult, will do a version of the presentation that middle and high school students will see in assemblies the following day.
Presenters are from Minding Your Mind
- Breath of Life Ministries, Inc.
- Compass Mark
- Crisis Intervention
- Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital
- Mental Health America of Lancaster County
- TEAMcare Behavioral Health, LLC
- TeenHope/Samaritan Center
- T.W. Ponessa & Associates
- Weigel Counseling Associates
- Wellspan Philhaven Behavioral Health
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485