L-S at the 95th Annual West Lampeter Community Fair
After what must have been a record rainy fair week in 2018, all signs are pointing toward beautiful fall weather for this year's West Lampeter Fair.
Wednesday, September 25
Fair Hours are Noon-9pm
- Fair Queen Parade from 7-7:30 p.m. - The parade leaves from the L-S High School parking lot on Book Rd. and follows Village Rd. through Lampeter Fair to the show ring. The parade features the Martin Meylin Middle School marching band, Willow Street Wolverines cheerleaders, and the 14 fair queen candidates.
- Fair Queen Competition at 7:30pm - The 2019 West Lampeter Fair Queen will be crowned.
Fair hours are 9am-9pm
- FFA Log Sawing and Bale Throwing Contest at 1 p.m.
- Lampeter-Strasburg High School Marching Band Concert from 6-6:30 p.m.
Fair Hours are 9am-10pm
- Lampeter Elementary Field Trips starting at 9 a.m.
New this year, L-S High School will be one of two satellite parking locations* with shuttle service to the fair. Shuttles will run daily during fair hours, with the last shuttle leaving promptly at closing time each night.
*the other satellite parking location is Lampeter Church of the Brethren
Fairgoers can choose from a variety of meal options. The proceeds from several stands directly benefit/are run by L-S students, including:
- Garden Spot FFA - cold drinks, milk, sausage sandwiches, and ham loaf patties
- Lancaster South Rotary Club - funnel cakes
- L-S Boys Lacrosse Boosters - pork BBQ, soup, and fruit cups
- L-S Boys Soccer - subs, waffles, and ice cream
- L-S Friends of Music - breakfast sandwiches, hot dogs, and hamburgers
- Pioneer Interact Club - fresh pizza, walking tacos, and ham & cheese sandwiches
- Strasburg/Willow Street Baseball/Softball Association - french fries
And it will be easier to enjoy a meal at the fair this year thanks to L-S High School students Alex Landis and Aidan Wiley. Alex built 20 new picnic tables and Aidan built a dozen high-top tables for their Eagle Scout projects!
Dozens of L-S students take the initiative to enter their work in the fair each year. Walk through the exhibit hall to see prepared foods, fruits and vegetables, floral arrangements, artwork, photography, crafts, Lego creations, and much more from our current students. Exhibits will be judged and ribbons awarded in time for the fair's official opening on Wednesday.
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485