Six Inducted at 26th Annual L-S Hall of Fame Ceremony
2018 Inductees: Jansen Rudy, Jeremy Osborne, Lauren McHale, Jared Schnapf, Olivier Manosane, and Chad Sensenig
The L-S athletic community came together on Friday, September 21, to induct six alumni into the Lampeter-Strasburg Athletic Hall of Fame. Guests traveled from as far away as California to watch as football/baseball standout Chad Sensenig (1991), the 1998 boys 1600M relay team, and field hockey/softball all star Lauren McHale (2008) joined the 100+ Pioneer athletes who have been inducted since the awards began in 1992.
The Hall of Fame Committee partnered with the High School Varsity Club to facilitate the induction banquet. Varsity Club officers Hayley Phenegar, Ben Beiler, and Noah Patterson welcomed guests and introduced the inductees. Each new Hall of Fame member fondly recounted his or her time at L-S and thanked coaches, teammates, and loved ones for support and for helping to instill values like hard work, dedication, and perseverance. At the banquet’s conclusion, the group walked to the Hall of Fame Game to be honored on Pioneer Field at halftime. The Pioneers won the game 42-0.
Chad Sensenig - Class of 1991
- Was a member of the LSHS football and baseball teams, earning three varsity letters in football as well as two letters in baseball.
- As a junior he was a Section 4 Honorable Mention as a quarterback.
- As a senior he was First Team Section 4 All-Star quarterback.
- He was nominated for the Big 33 football team.
- Two-time LL League player of the week.
- Passed for over 2,000 yards and threw 20 career touchdowns.
- 1998 freshman of the year for baseball.
- As a junior he led the section in home runs and RBIs.
- .441 batting average as a junior, and had 11 stolen bases in one year.
- Selected for First Team All Section as a 3rd basemen.
- Voted team MVP as a junior and senior.
- First Team All Section Pitcher as a senior.
- As a senior he was selected as the team’s most valuable pitcher.
- Chad played on the LL League All Star Team.
- Pitched a no hitter in the 1st round of district playoffs his senior year.
- 6th in all-time strikeouts with 96 in a single season.
- 4th in all-time innings pitched in a single season.
- 7th in all- time career strikeout.
- 8th in all-time career innings pitched.
- .356 career batting average.
- Only Lampeter-Strasburg Player to ever reach All State American Legion East-West All Star Team.
- Earned the Physical Education Scholarship in 1991.
- Chad played baseball at Millersville University.
- He batted a .411 in the PSAC.
- Selected as Millersville University Freshman of the Year.
- Led the team in stolen bases as a freshman.
- He played competitive fastpitch softball for 10 years, winning many State Championships and playing in national tournaments.
- Chad is now senior equipment operator at Longwood Gardens. He previously coach with the Solanco Little League and now coaches with Solanco youth baseball and basketball and Solanco midget football.
Lauren McHale - Class of 2008
- Was a member of the LSHS varsity field hockey and softball teams.
- Earned eight varsity letters in high school sports.
- Named LL League Honorable Mention Field Hockey All Star in 2004 as a midfielder.
- Selected as a LL League Second Team Field Hockey all star in 2005.
- In 2006 as well as 2007 she was selected as a LL League first team all star for field hockey.
- Named LL League most valuable offensive player in 2006
- Selected for Second Team All State in 2006 and 2007 for field hockey.
- Chosen as field hockey team MVP in 2007.
- Lauren participated in the National Field Hockey Festival in 2006 and 2007.
- She played for Simply Field Hockey from 2003-2007.
- Lauren played field hockey at the Keystone Indoor Games in 2006 and 2007.
- Named LL League Honorable Mention in 2005 as a softball pitcher and first basemen.
- Selected as LL League Second Team Softball all star as a shortstop.
- In 2006 as well as 2007 Lauren’s team won back to back Section 3 titles.
- In 2007 the team won the District 3 AAA title.
- Named LL League First Team All Star as a pitcher and shortstop.
- Voted female athlete of the Year at L-S in 2008.
- She coached Xcalibur club field hockey team.
- Lauren played field hockey for three years at American University as a defender.
- Lauren then transferred to Millersville to graduate in 2012 and is now a lab technician.
1998 Boys 4x4 Relay Team
Members of the team include Oliver Manosane (1999), Jeremy Osborne (1998), Jared Schnapf (1999), and Jansen Rudy (1998).
The 4x400-meter relay team won L-L, district and state medals.
The team held the record for the 7th fastest relay time in league history.
The team was District ll Champions with a winning time of 3:24.8
Won the PIAA State Championship with a time of 3:22.78
- Melissa Spaulding-Black
- Kelley Zander-Black
- Melissa Bliss
- Tina Byler
- Todd Garber
- Don Frank Sr.
- Joseph Sloss
- Branden Lippy
- Jenn McCrabb
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485