Planned instruction during the spring 2020 school closure began Tuesday, April 14, and will continue through the rest of the 2019-2020 school year. Instruction for each grade level, building, and subject will likely look different given each set of unique circumstances.
With questions or to report broken links
Community Relations Coordinator
During our school closure, we wanted to provide students and parents with a list of possible learning resources that can be accessed from home. The purpose is to provide educational content during this time. However, none of these resources are required and nothing will be collected or graded. We encourage you to check back often; more resources will be added as we receive them.
Here is a list of resources for all grade levels, as compiled by L-S teachers. Stay home, wash your hands, and keep on learning!
Elementary School Resources (Grades K-2)
Parents can also check teachers' SeeSaw pages for additional resources
Middle School Resources
Students can also check teachers' Schoology pages for additional resources
Science & Social Studies
- American Museum of Natural History
- Battlefield Trust
- Cincinnati Zoo Live on Facebook - Daily at 3 p.m.
- CNN Student News
- Geography games
- Geography quizzes
- Google Earth
- NASA Space Place and NASA at Home
- PBS Learning Media
- PhET interactive simulations
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Virtual Field Trips
High School Resources
Students can also check teachers' Schoology pages for additional resources.
College & Career Planning Resources
- Business Resources for Home from the HS business department
- Kiplinger personal finance
- Smart Futures planning for elementary school students and log-in instructions
- Xello: Students in grades 6-12 can log in to Powerschool, click the square icon on the upper right hand corner, and then click “Login Into Xello.”
Mental Health Resources
- Crisis Text Line: Text PA to 741 741
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- Get Help Now Hotline (for substance abuse disorders): 1-800-662-4357
- Lancaster County Mental Health Crisis Line: 717-394-2631
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-799-7233
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or chat 24/7
- Pennsylvania Human Services Support & Referral Helpline: 1-855-284-2494 (for TTY, dial 724-631-5600) 24/7
- Pennsylvania Sexual Assault Helpline: 1-888-772-7227
- Veteran Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Social Media Resources
L-S teachers Michael and Krissy Canty have created a Facebook group called Teacher Land to share at-home learning ideas and activities. Currently more than 225 teachers have joined and are posting content for K-12 students. The group is private but anyone is encouraged to join.
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485