Need Based Services
PA Department of Human Services provides a statewide list of childcare providers for employees who work in life-sustaining positions.
Community Meal Providers
A list of bagged takeout meal providers, sorted by day of the week and meal.
A running list of community organizations that are offering aid.
Free and Reduced Lunch
If you have had a recent change in your financial situation, please complete a free/reduced lunch application.
Comcast is taking immediate steps to help connect low-income families to the Internet at home. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month plus tax. Apply by April 30, 2020 at Internetessentials.com
The Humane League operates Spikes Pet Pantry to provide emergency supplies of pet food. Please email email@example.com or call 717 393-6551 to enroll in the program.
Strasburg Ministerium Food Bank
A drive-through food bank is open Tuesdays and Fridays from 2-4 p.m. at Strasburg First Presbyterian Church, 101 S. Decatur St. The Ministerium is also offering grocery shopping to those in vulnerable population groups. Please contact Bob Bronkema at 717 799-0777 for more information.
United Way COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund
The United Way can help families with bills, rent, and food. Please call 1-866-211-9966 and provide your zip code to receive a list of local agencies.
UC Benefit Eligibility & COVID-19
You may be eligible if your employer closes, goes out of business, or reduces your hours as well as if you are told to quarantine or self-isolate. Learn more at www.uc.pa.gov
A wide-variety of services are available to Lampeter-Strasburg students in need and to their families. These are a few of the organizations with which we partner. For more information, please contact the District social worker.
- 2-1-1 Local health care resources.
- COMPASS Pennsylvania Health and Human Services access.
- Lancaster County Career & Technical Center's Dental Clinic is open at the Willow Street CTC. This clinic provides low-cost dental care to patients without insurance.
- Child Protect Advocates for abused children.
- COBYS Family Services Counseling, adoption, and foster care.
- Tabor Community Services Helping families with housing and financial planning.
- Head Start Preschool Program Head Start is offering a free home based program for 3-4 year olds from income eligible families. The weekly program focuses on kindergarten readiness skills. If you would like more information on the Home Based Head Start program in L-S, please call 717 299-7302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485