Need Based Services
PA Department of Human Services provides a statewide list of childcare providers for employees who work in life-sustaining positions.
Community Meal Providers
A list of bagged takeout meal providers, sorted by day of the week and meal.
A running list of community organizations that are offering aid.
Free and Reduced Lunch
If you have had a recent change in your financial situation, please complete a free/reduced lunch application.
Comcast is taking immediate steps to help connect low-income families to the Internet at home. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month plus tax. Apply by April 30, 2020 at Internetessentials.com
IU13 Family & Community Resources
This page contains access to local resources for families and the community during the Coronavirus crisis. It has been compiled and reviewed by the IU13 Social Workers.
Mission Church Community Food Pantry
Families can sign up for a monthly box of non-perishable food at mission-church/foodpantry or by calling 717-3939-9600.
A comprehensive list of services and support from Tabor Community Services and LHOP
The Humane League operates Spikes Pet Pantry to provide emergency supplies of pet food. Please email email@example.com or call 717 393-6551 to enroll in the program.
SNAP-CARES Act Information about pandemic electronic benefits transfer (P-EBT)supplemental payments and benefits issuance for SNAP and TANF households. more
Solanco Food Bank
The Solanco Food Bank is providing emergency food bags during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please call 717-786-4308 to reserve a pick-up time that will be valid for three weeks. The food bank runs pickup from 9am-12pm on weekdays.
Strasburg Ministerium Food Bank
A drive-through food bank is open Tuesdays and Fridays from 2-4 p.m. at Strasburg First Presbyterian Church, 101 S. Decatur St. The Ministerium is also offering grocery shopping to those in vulnerable population groups. Please contact Bob Bronkema at 717 799-0777 for more information.
United Way COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund
The United Way can help families with bills, rent, and food. Please call 1-866-211-9966 and provide your zip code to receive a list of local agencies.
UC Benefit Eligibility & COVID-19
You may be eligible if your employer closes, goes out of business, or reduces your hours as well as if you are told to quarantine or self-isolate. Learn more at www.uc.pa.gov
A wide-variety of services are available to Lampeter-Strasburg students in need and to their families. These are a few of the organizations with which we partner. For more information, please contact the District social worker.
- 2-1-1 Local health care resources.
- COMPASS Pennsylvania Health and Human Services access.
- Lancaster County Career & Technical Center's Dental Clinic is open at the Willow Street CTC. This clinic provides low-cost dental care to patients without insurance.
- Child Protect Advocates for abused children.
- COBYS Family Services Counseling, adoption, and foster care.
- Tabor Community Services Helping families with housing and financial planning.
- Head Start Preschool Program Head Start is offering a free home based program for 3-4 year olds from income eligible families. The weekly program focuses on kindergarten readiness skills. If you would like more information on the Home Based Head Start program in L-S, please call 717 299-7302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485