Wellness CouncilThe mission of the Wellness Council will be to advise the District on improving lifetime wellness through education, practice, and integration of healthy choices in nutrition, fitness, safety, and lifestyle for students and faculty in partnership with parents and the community.
The Purpose of the Wellness Council will be to:
- Provide a forum for discussion of health-related issues.
- Advocate for healthy behaviors and a healthy environment for the District.
- Provide a means for improving, developing, and changing school health policies, procedures, and programs.
- Invite parent and community involvement in making our school healthier.
- Link school needs with community health resources.
The District Wellness Council is a collaborative group of members that meet quarterly to fulfill the mission and address the health and wellness of students, staff and families of the Lampeter-Strasburg community. The promotion of a healthy school environment, nutritious dietary choices, an active lifestyle and educational awareness of health and wellness will benefit all individuals physically, mentally and emotionally. If you have suggestions or concerns, or wish to attend a meeting, please contact the district health coordinator.
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485