School Health Council
The Lampeter-Strasburg School District recognizes that student wellness and proper nutrition are related to students’ physical well-being, growth, development, and readiness to learn. The Board is committed to providing a school environment that promotes student wellness, proper nutrition, nutrition education, and regular physical activity as part of the total learning experience. In a healthy school environment, students will learn about and participate in positive dietary and lifestyle practices that can improve student achievement.
The mission of the Wellness Committee will be to advise the District on improving lifetime wellness through education, practice, and integration of healthy choices in nutrition, fitness, safety, and lifestyle for students and faculty in partnership with parents and the community.
The Purpose of the Wellness Committee will be to:
- Provide a forum for discussion of health-related issues.
- Advocate for healthy behaviors and a healthy environment for the District.
- Provide a means for improving, developing, and changing school health policies, procedures, and programs.
- Invite parent and community involvement in making our school healthier.
- Link school needs with community health resources.
The Wellness Committee meets on early dismissal days from 1:15 p.m.to 2:50 p.m. The school nurses organize the meeting and invite members according to the health issues on the agenda. If you have concerns or would like to attend a meeting, please contact the district health coordinator.
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485