For more information, please contact the respective academic department leader or principal. For general information:
717 464-3311 ext. 1003
Future Ready PA Index
Future Ready PA IndexIn looking at ways to create a more holistic school evaluation tool, the Pennsylvania Department of Education conducted dozens of feedback sessions to solicit recommendations from more than 1,000 stakeholders around a new measure.
The Future Ready PA Index will serve as Pennsylvania’s one-stop location for comprehensive information about school success, and will use a dashboard model to highlight how schools are performing and making progress on multiple indicators.
The dashboard approach to school reporting:
- Increases emphasis on student growth measures, which incentivizes a focus on all learners and is less sensitive to demographic variables.
- Measures English language acquisition among English Language Learners (ELL) students, not simply performance on a test of grade level English Language Arts (ELA) standards.
- Incentivizes career awareness instruction beginning at the elementary level.
- Addresses the issue of unequal weighting of content areas in the current School Performance Profile (SPP).
- Provides indicators of student success after graduation.
- Increases the emphasis on student access to course offerings such as Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), college credit, and Career Technical Education (CTE) programs of study.
- Allows Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to include locally-selected reading assessments (Grade 3) and math assessments (Grade 7) as additional snapshots of student progress.
- Incentivizes schools to offer career pathways that culminate with high value, industry recognized credentials.Click here to access the Future Ready PA Index
* Content courtesy of PA Department of Education
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485