L-S Reopening Plan Update and Parent/Guardian Survey
Survey Closes July 22
Dear L-S Parents and Guardians,
I sincerely hope that you and your family are enjoying a safe and healthy summer. As shared in my June 30, 2020, communication, our team is working to develop building specific procedures that align with our approved Health and Safety Plan. We continue to keep apprised of executive orders and updated medical guidance, consult with our local healthcare professionals, and collaborate with school districts across Lancaster and Lebanon Counties while developing our building procedures.
As referenced in the approved Health and Safety Plan, we would like to request additional input from families prior to finalizing our building procedures. A few updates and items related to our Health and Safety Plan that will be incorporated into the finalized building procedures include the following:
- The updated Department of Health Executive Order Requiring Universal Face Coverings DOES apply to schools and athletics. The PA Department of Education has notified districts that we will need to update our current plan to reflect this expanded order.
- Limited seating/adjusted cafeteria schedules to the extent possible.
- Social distancing in classroom to the extent possible.
- Implementation of staggered arrival and dismissal schedules (based upon parent feedback).
- There is currently no plan to modify “traditional” bussing schedules.
We anticipate offering the following instructional offerings for students:
- Traditional face-to-face instruction through Lampeter-Strasburg School District (Monday—Friday).
- Fulltime, graded online instructional option through Lampeter-Strasburg School District (Monday—Friday).
We have also received a number of inquiries regarding “homeschooling.” Homeschooling is always an option for any family. This option requires the student to withdraw from Lampeter-Strasburg School District and the parent assumes the responsibility for the child’s education, following the PA Homeschool Regulations.
To ensure the continued input of all of our stakeholders in the completion of our building procedures, we would like to request your input by completing the following survey link:
Survey closed Wednesday, July 22
Our goal is to have a final parent survey to select the instructional model for your child (listed above) by the beginning of August. This will enable our staff to appropriately adjust classes, bus assignments, etc. to maximize safety protocols prior to the start of school. Given this timetable we would request your completion of the brief survey by Wednesday, July 22, 2020.
Please continue to check our website for any updates or information regarding our Health and Safety Plan and Building Procedures. An AlertNow phone call will be sent to all families when the final survey to select your preferred instructional model for your child is active.
Thank you for your continued patience and support of our students and staff during this unprecedented time. I am confident that regardless of how and when our buildings reopen, we WILL be successful by continuing with the common understanding that . . .
Kids come first.
We ARE L-S.
We ARE family.
We are ALL in this together!
I wish each of you a safe and relaxing remainder of the summer!
Kevin S. Peart, Ed.D.
- July 17 Parent Survey Letter from Dr. Peart
Download this letter
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485