2020 Sports Physicals
Sports Physicals Update
We have added additional time slots for sports physicals. Cost for sports physicals are $10. If you do not show up at the appropriate appointment time we will be unable to accommodate you. You will need to make an appointment at your family doctor or a local urgent care. Masks and completely filled out PIAA CIPPE paperwork are required for entry.
PIAA/Sports Physical paperwork is due by August 3 for football and by August 10 for all other sports. Completed physical paperwork can be mailed to the high school or middle school office dependent on your student athlete's grade. As a reminder, only students with completed PIAA CIPPE paperwork will be cleared for participation on the first day of pre-season.
Lampeter Strasburg High School or Martin Meylin Middle School
PO Box 428
Lampeter, PA 17537
Physicals at L-S High School - July 27We are pleased to announce that PIAA sport physicals for the 2020-2021 school year have been rescheduled for July 27, 2020, from 8 am- 2 pm. The cost per physical will remain $10. We are following all state, local and team physician guidelines in providing sports physicals including:
- Limiting the flow in and out of the building to a single direction. Only students with complete paperwork and payment will be allowed into the building.
- Asking COVID-19 screening questions and requiring masks throughout the process. If a student is demonstrating symptoms they will be denied access to the building and need to secure a physical elsewhere.
- Allowing 4 athletes per 15 minutes into the building.
- Sanitizing stations between each student athlete.
- Providing hand sanitizer throughout and encouraging appropriate student hygiene.
Alternate Sports Physical Options
- We encourage you to see your family physician to receive a sports physical for the upcoming school year.
- Our team physician is able to accommodate physicals in their sport’s medicine office. Well visits would cost $15 at WellSpan Sports Medicine, Ephrata
- As an LL-League sponsor, Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster will offer sports physicals on select days in July.
- If you are unable to receive a sports physical through any of these options, Med Express and other local urgent cares offer sports physicals. Physicals for the 2020-21 school year must take place on or after June 1, 2020. Physicals completed before June 1, 2020, will not be accepted (PIAA rule). Please mail or submit to the HS main office. Office hours are Monday – Thursday 7am-4pm. Do not submit to coaches.
Please contact the athletic trainers with any questions: Jen McCrabb (717-669-1989) or Allison Rehm (717-669-8252).
Please refer to the district’s athletic web-page/coaches emails throughout the summer for updated information.
Branden M. Lippy, Ed.D
Director of Athletics
Please also remember that to access the Google form for sports sign-ups for the 2020-2021 school year if you HAVEN’T already done so. This is taking the place of the trainers completing signups in the cafeterias. Please remember that your sports physical must be dated after June 1, 2020 and handed in before August 10 (or August 3 for football) for us to process your sports physical and add you to the team roster.
Athletes entering grades 7 and 8
Athletes entering grades 9-12
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485