Lancaster-Lebanon League Spectator Regulations
The following is a list of guidelines set forth by the Lancaster Lebanon Secondary School Athletic Association, which will be strongly enforced by the Lampeter-Strasburg School District at all athletic and extracurricular events:
1. The Lancaster-Lebanon League encourages spectators to cheer and support their respective teams in a positive manner, but not to cheer negatively against the opponent.
2. Only team members in uniform and / or warm-ups, under the coach’s supervision are permitted on the floor or field for warm-ups prior to and at half-time of games. Unauthorized personnel are not permitted on the playing field at the conclusion of a game.
3. Only cheerleaders for the purpose of leading cheers or promoting school spirit and authorized personnel are permitted on the sidelines or playing surface.
4. Abusive language, negative gestures, or taunting directed towards players, coaches, officials, cheerleaders, or spectators is prohibited.
5. No sirens, hand held towels, whistles, portable stereos, or noisemakers will be permitted at games. Hand held banners or hand held signs which interfere with the playing of the game will not be permitted. Such articles will be confiscated by the game manager.
6. The throwing of any foreign object that may harass or injure a spectator, player, or official is prohibited.
PIAA - District and Inter-District Contests
BANNERS, SIGNS, NOISEMAKERS, LISTENING DEVICES, AND SPECTATOR DECORUM:
The presence and/or the use of balloons, banners, laser pointers, noisemakers, pom-poms (by spectators), shakers, signs, sirens, strips of material, towels, whistles, and/or portable listening devices (without earphones) are PROHIBITED! The Principal and Athletic Director of each school will be requested to confiscate these items from their cheerleaders and/or the spectators from their school and community. The use of pom-poms by cheerleaders and small portable listening devices with earphones is permitted. Spectators are prohibited from removing their shirt and/or using body paint while in attendance at District and Inter-District Championship Contests.
OFFENDERS OF THESE POLICIES WILL BE ESCORTED FROM THE FACILITY
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485