Newspaper in Education Week Winners
March 3, 2015
NIE Winners pose with Board member Scott Riekers at the March 2 Board of School Directors meeting.
Ten Lampeter-Strasburg students were among the winners in the 31st Annual Newspaper in Education (NIE) Week Design an Ad & Journalism Contests.
More than 1,300 students entered the Design an Ad Contest and approximately 2,000 students participated in the Journalism Contest. Winning entries were featured March 3, 2015 in a special NIE Supplement with the daily paper. The following students received recognition for their work:
- Emily Stoltzfus (Grade 12) - 1st place/Editorial
- Carolyn Baker (Grade 12) - 2nd place/Editorial
- Ella Tice (Grade 12) - Honorable mention/Journalism
- Justin Burkett (Grade 11) - Honorable mention/Journalism
- Bella Beiler (Grade 8) - Coupon Saver ad design
- Wren Miller (Grade 6) - Certified Carpet ad design
- Drea Rice (Grade 2) - 1st place/Writer's Choice
- Jack Ross (Grade 1) - 3rd place/Illustrating Headlines
- Grant Filius (Grade 1) - Honorable mention/Illustrating Headlines
- Tyler Burton (Grade 4) - Honorable mention/Writer's Choice
Congratulations to these creative students!
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485