Informative Anti-Bullying Assembly Scheduled for November 20 at LSHS
November 14, 2014
Cyber-bullying has become one of the most challenging issues, as cell phone, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc. dominate the lives of young people. Mrs. Deb McCoy, an educational consultant and trainer who works with schools and students on tolerance, anti-bullying strategies and social media awareness, will be presenting to our Lampeter-Strasburg High School student body on Thursday, November 20th during the RTII period. Her dynamic presentation will address topics such as:
- Bullying and cyber-bully- student accountability and consequences for engaging in bullying behavior;
- The issue of cyber-bullying and electronic harassment, along with the emotional and legal ramifications;
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.: everything you need to know and did not want to know;
- Student digital speech and criminal consequences;
- Lack of digital privacy;
- How colleges, universities and employers are using information found digitally to make decisions about students.
- Archive sites: how they can impact a student’s life forever.
This assembly was made possible by donations that were made in memory of Juliet Benson to our Lampeter-Strasburg High School Student Assistance Program (SAP).
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485