School in Session Friday, January 19, 2018
School is now in session on Friday, January 19, and will be closed for students on Monday, January 22, for an inservice day. HS final exams are now 1/18 and 1/19 with parent-approved early dismissal on Friday.
Individual counseling is offered to ALL students. A student can be referred for individual counseling by teachers, parents, administrators, school staff, counselors, or the student themselves. There are many reasons students work with a school counselor individually. Some examples are anger management, anxiety, divorce, grief and loss, making and keeping friends, self-esteem, and social skills.
If a student's presenting issue is ongoing a referral may be made for outside counseling services.
School counselor's help students meet the following ASCA standards:
- Students will aquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
- Students will complete school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of substantial post-secondary options, including college.
- Students will understand the relationship of academics to the world of work and to life at home and in the community
- Students will acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
- Students will employ strategies to achieve future career goals with success and satisfaction.
- Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education, training and the world of work.
- Students will acquire the knowledge, attitudes and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
- Students will make decisions, set goals and take necessary action to achieve goals.
- Students will understand safety and survival skills.
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485