CLOSED - Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, the Lampeter-Strasburg School District is is closed.
School is now in session on Friday, January 19, and will be closed for students on Monday, January 22, for an inservice day. HS final exams are now 1/18 and 1/19 with parent-approved early dismissal on Friday.
2005 Baseball State Champions Inducted Into Hall of Fame
Expect to Win: 2005 PIAA AAA State Championship Varsity Baseball players and coaches
2016 Hall of Fame Inductees/2005 Varsity Baseball Team:
- 2 – Dominic Lombardo, Senior, Left Field
- 4 – Bobby Shoemaker, Junior, Catcher
- 7 – Jeff Bianchi, Senior, Shortstop
- 8 – Mark Zurbrick, Senior, 2nd Base
- 9 – Ben Longenecker, Junior, Outfield/Pitcher
- 11 – Tommy Eschbach, Senior, 1st Base
- 12 – Billy Dorgan, Sophomore, Catcher
- 13 – Ryan Visneski, Senior, Center Field/Pitcher
- 14 – Adam Reichenbach, Junior, 2nd Base/3rd Base
- 15 – Dan Velcheck, Junior, Catcher
- 16 – Eric See, Senior, 3rd Base/Outfield
- 17 – Justin Guiliano, Junior, Pitcher/Outfield
- 18 – Manny Stoltzfus, Senior, Outfield
- 19 – Tyler Gansner, Junior, 1st Base/Pitcher
- 22 – Charlie Haley, Junior, Outfield/1st Base
- 24 – Chris Shehan, Senior, Pitcher/3rd Base
- 25 – Shane Hess, Junior, 1st Base
Also honored were head coach Todd Garber and assistant coaches Keith Lynch, Chad Gunzenhauser, and Mathew Scheuning. Garber was previously inducted into the L-S Athletic Hall of Fame in 2013 to recognize his 20-year L-S Baseball coaching career. He was in his 8th year as head varsity coach in 2005 and took the 2012 team to the State finals.
The induction banquet featured a video tribute to the winning season as well as remarks from Coach Garber and team captains Chris Shehan and Jeff Bianchi. Each speaker said that winning the championship game was the highlight of his career and credited team characteristics such as accountability, ability to overcome obstacles, and faith in one another as reasons for their success.
The 2005 varsity baseball team had an overall season record of 26-4, winning the LL League Section III Championship and was runner up District III. They were ranked 7th in the USA East Region and 30th in the country by USA Today. The team broke seven school records that season: most wins (26), most home runs (50), most runs scored (288), most hits (337), most RBIs (258), least errors (30), and best team batting average (.374A).
Three players – Jeff Bianchi, Chris Shehan, and Tyler Gansner – were selected for the 2005 All-State Team. That year, Bianchi went on to be drafted as the 50th pick overall and 2nd by the Kansas City Royals. He was 2nd team All-American and Pennsylvania Player of the Year, breaking eight single season and career records at L-S.
Join Our Communities
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485