(established August 2016)
- Transportation Guidelines115.11 K
Back to School 2017-2018
- Secondary students in grades 7-12 should check their bus schedules on PowerSchool.
- Students entering 6th grade at Martin Meylin will receive their bus schedules at the orientations on August 10th
- Elementary bus letters were mailed in late July.
- Nonpublic bus letters were mailed on August 1. If you need busing but have not submitted your nonpublic transportation request form yet, please do so ASAP. Forms are available on the Transportation Department page of the L-S website.
- If your child needs Alternate Care Transportation, please download a form from the Transportation Department page of the L-S website. Pay close attention to the guidelines as you forfeit your “home” bus stop when requesting Alternate Care busing. Forms were due July 1, but we will make efforts to accommodate your late requests if we can.
In the interest of student safety, the Lampeter-Strasburg School District implemented updated transportation guidelines at the start of the 2016-2017 school year. It is of utmost importance that every student can always be accounted for while in the school’s care, including the time that they are transported to and from school each day. These updated guidelines will help us to keep students as safe as possible on all our daily bus routes.
The guidelines contain updated procedures for daily bus notes, alternate care transportation, dual custody transportation, and alternate care transportation for School Age Child Care(SACC). Please read the new guidelines carefully and contact your child’s building principal with any questions.
About This Department
Lampeter-Strasburg School District strives to provide safe and efficient bus service for all eligible public, non-public, and intermediate unit students residing in the Lampeter-Strasburg School District. Transportation service is a privilege which may be revoked due to misbehavior or violation of School District policies. If you have questions about transportation at L-S, please contact Mr. Jeffrey Landis, transportation coordinator.
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lampeter PA 17537
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485