Student Accounting Secretary
717 464-3311 ext. 1027
- Vaccine Requirements Flier2.08 Meg
New Requirements for 2017-2018 School Year
School vaccination requirements for attendance in Pennsylvania schools:
On the First Day of SchoolUnless the child has a medical or religious /philosophical exemption, a child must have had at least one dose of the below vaccinations or risk exclusion.
- If a child does not have all the doses listed below, needs additional doses, and the next dose is medically appropriate, the child must receive that dose within the first five days of school or risk exclusion. If the next dose is not the final dose of the series, the child must also provide a medical plan (red and white card) within the first five days of school for obtaining the required immunizations or risk exclusion.
- If a child does not have all the doses listed below, needs additional doses, and the next dose is not medically appropriate, the child must provide a medical plan (red and white card) within the first five days of school for obtaining the required immunizations or risk exclusion.
- The medical plan must be followed or risk exclusion.
Back to School Immunization Clinics
Pennsylvania Department of Health offers immunizations year-round to eligible children and adults at state health centers and through clinics at various community locations. Vaccinations are free for uninsured/underinsured adults, as well as for children through 18 years of age who are uninsured, underinsured, Medicaid eligible, or American Indian or Alaska Native.
Adults and children who meet the requirements to receive immunizations must call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258) to schedule an appointment. A parent/legal guardian must accompany children who are receiving a vaccination. Department of Health staff will need to be notified prior to the appointment if someone other than the child’s parent/legal guardian will be accompanying him/her.
For Attendance in All Grades Children Need the Following:The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requires all students in public school to obtain the following immunizations prior to enrollment:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis*(1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)**
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP, DTaP or if medically advisable, DT or Td
** A fourth dose is not necessary if the third dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose
***Usually given as MMR
For Attendance in 7th Grade
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) before the first day of 7th grade
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) before the first day of 7th grade
ON THE FIRST DAY OF 7TH GRADE, unless the child has a religious/philosophical exemption, a child must have had the above vaccines or risk exclusion.
NOTE: A student who does not receive the required immunizations for seventh grade may be excluded in that school year and each succeeding school year that the student fails to obtain the required immunizations.
For Attendance in 12th Grade:
- 1 dose of MCV before the first day of 12th grade. If one dose was given at 16 years of age or older, that shall count as the 12th grade dose.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF 12TH GRADE, unless the child has a medical or religious/philosophical exemption, a child must have had the above vaccines or risk exclusion.
These requirements allow for the following exemptions: medical reason, religious belief, or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction. Even if your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be excluded from school during an outbreak of any vaccine preventable disease.
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lampeter PA 17537
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485