CLOSED - Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, the Lampeter-Strasburg School District is is closed.
School is now in session on Friday, January 19, and will be closed for students on Monday, January 22, for an inservice day. HS final exams are now 1/18 and 1/19 with parent-approved early dismissal on Friday.
Newspaper in Education Week Winners
March 3, 2015
NIE Winners pose with Board member Scott Riekers at the March 2 Board of School Directors meeting.
Ten Lampeter-Strasburg students were among the winners in the 31st Annual Newspaper in Education (NIE) Week Design an Ad & Journalism Contests.
More than 1,300 students entered the Design an Ad Contest and approximately 2,000 students participated in the Journalism Contest. Winning entries were featured March 3, 2015 in a special NIE Supplement with the daily paper. The following students received recognition for their work:
- Emily Stoltzfus (Grade 12) - 1st place/Editorial
- Carolyn Baker (Grade 12) - 2nd place/Editorial
- Ella Tice (Grade 12) - Honorable mention/Journalism
- Justin Burkett (Grade 11) - Honorable mention/Journalism
- Bella Beiler (Grade 8) - Coupon Saver ad design
- Wren Miller (Grade 6) - Certified Carpet ad design
- Drea Rice (Grade 2) - 1st place/Writer's Choice
- Jack Ross (Grade 1) - 3rd place/Illustrating Headlines
- Grant Filius (Grade 1) - Honorable mention/Illustrating Headlines
- Tyler Burton (Grade 4) - Honorable mention/Writer's Choice
Congratulations to these creative students!
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485