AlertNOWA top priority of the Lampeter-Strasburg School District is keeping parents and guardians informed. Consequently, we use the ALERTNOW Notification Service to initiate telephone messages that provide important information about school emergencies. In the event of an emergency, parents and guardians can have peace of mind knowing that they will be contacted immediately by phone.
The successful delivery of information is dependent upon accurate emergency contact information for each student, so please ensure that we have your most current contact information. Please let us know immediately if this information changes during the school year.
What you need to know about receiving calls sent through ALERTNOW:
- Caller ID will display the school's main number when a general announcement is delivered.
- Caller ID will display 411 if the message is a dire emergency.
- ALERTNOW will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail.
- For weather related events, ALERTNOW will be used only in the event of an early dismissal. Calls will not be made for delays and cancellations.
Inclement Weather ProcedureWeather Alerts (Early Dismissals, Delays and Closings)
The decision to delay or close school due to inclement weather will be reported on local radio and television stations on or before 7:00 a.m. When there is a delay or closing of school, pertinent information will be available on the Web site and answering service between 6:00 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. Parents are urged to use the following sources for announcements:
- WSBA/WARM 103
- Lancaster Online
- L-S Facebook page
- L-S Twitter page
- Dial 464-3311 and select option 8 to listen to the recorded message
- One Hour Delay: The morning session will be held from 9:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m., and the afternoon session will be held from 1:10 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
- Two Hour Delay: The morning session will be held from 10:55 a.m. to 12:40 p.m., and the afternoon session will be held from 1:40 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
School Age Child Care (SACC)
- In the event of a one-hour delay, SACC will open at 7:15 a.m.
- With a two-hour delay, the program will run on a modified schedule with SACC opening at 8:00 a.m.
- If school is cancelled because of bad weather, SACC Snow Day Child Care will open at 8:30 a.m. with all children reporting to Hans Herr Elementary School Cafeteria site ONLY. Bag lunch and drink needed as no lunch will be provided.
- If SACC is CLOSED due to an extreme weather condition (blizzard, ice storm, state of emergency) it will be announced as early as possible with the name Lampeter-Strasburg School District (including SACC) on most radio stations and on WGAL-TV.
Lampeter-Strasburg School District
1600 Book Rd., Lancaster PA 17602
Administration Building: 717-464-4699
Lampeter Elementary School: 717-358-1880
Hans Herr Elementary School: 717-509-0300
Martin Meylin Middle School: 717-509-0289
Lampeter-Strasburg High School: 717-509-0485